CGL Full Form is Combined Graduate Level Exam. Its full structure is SSC CGL test, where SSC represents Staff Selection Commission. Along these lines, SSC CGL test implies CGL test being led by SSC. It directs the test once in a year and enlisted people around 32 unique posts for various offices, services or associations of the Central Government of India.
Table of contents
- What does CGL stand for ?
- The Structure of The Examination
- Important Qualifications for various posts –
- The Examination is conducted in three tiers as indicated below
- Other Full Forms of CGL
What does CGL stand for ?
The Staff Selection Commission holds CGL yearly to choose possibility for different Group B and Group C posts. This test is held in four levels or stages specifically Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 and Tier-4. Level 1 will happen in various spaces by means of PC mode, with target type questions, Tier-2 will involve two papers of 200 denotes each for Quantitative inclination and English, Tier-3 is an expressive sort test to test the composed abilities of the up-and-comers in English/Hindi and Tier-4 is directed solely for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Competitors should have an advanced education to apply for SSC CGL and the applicants who are in the last year of graduation can likewise apply with their temporary degrees. As far as possible for Recruitment differs from post to post. The base age limit is 27 years and the greatest age limit standards 32 years.
For example, in September 2018, the circumstance of the Central Narcotics Bureau Inspector with an age stretches out from 18 to 27 years was reached out to 30 years. Each female up-and-comer and up-and-comers that are equipped for reservation from Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen are rejected from paying application charges.
The Structure of The Examination
SSC CGL has a few Tiers with results distributed after every Tier that is performed over independent days. For certain posts, a PC aptitude test or an expertise test was likewise presented as a Tier.
- Mains Exam
Descriptive Paper– An offline pen-and-paper assessment in which candidates write as article composing and letter composing, and once in a while exact composition and application composing. The assessment can be performed in either English or Hindi.
Data Entry Skill Test / Computer Proficiency Test – This test was presented in 2016 with two potential assessments dependent on the positions connected.
- Data Entry Speed Test
- Computer Proficiency Test
Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level
SSC CGL is most sought exam conducted by Staff Selection Commission. The exam is conducted in three phases-
- Tier-I (Preliminary)
- Tier-II (Main)
- Tier-III (Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable))
The other classification of jobs under SSC CGL examination is based on the job profile. Under this classification, there are two types of jobs-
- Desk Job
- Field Job
Important Qualifications for various posts –
I) Assistant Audit Officer:
a) Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
b) Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
II) Statistical Investigator Grade- II:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics
or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
IV) All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
SSC- CGL Selection Process
The Examination is conducted in three tiers as indicated below
1. Tier-I: This is a 75 minutes examination, having 100 questions & total 200 marks. For each correct answer, a student scores +2 marks and for each incorrect response, a penalty of -0.50 is given. There is no penalty for not attempting questions. The score obtained in Tier – I examination is added in the final score to arrive at the merit list. There are four sections – Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness & each section 25 questions.
2. Tier-I and Tier-II: Computer Based Tests
3. Tier-II: There are four papers conducted in Tier-II Exam.
Paper- I Quantitative Abilities- 200 marks (100 Questions)
Paper-II English Language & Comprehension- 200 marks (200 questions).
Paper- III Statistics 200 marks (100Questions)
Paper-IV General Studies (Finance and Economics) – 200 Marks
For Statistical Investigator Grade-II: Paper- I, Paper-II and Paper- III are considered for selection.
Assistant Audit Officer Group- B: Paper- I, Paper-II and Paper- IV are considered for selection.
For Other Posts: Only paper-I and Paper II are considered for selection.
4. Tier-III: Instead of INTERVIEW, Tier-III (of 100 marks) has been inducted which will require candidates to write Essay/Precis/Letter /Application in either English or Hindi.
There will be no sectional cut-offs but a candidate will have to qualify all the three phases i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III.
FAQ – CGL Full Form
Q. 1.What is SSC CGL pay?
Ans. The SSC CGL compensation after the seventh Pay Commission differs from at least Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 2,50,000 (counting advantages), in view of various posts. SSC CGL test is perhaps the most sought after tests in India and one significant purpose behind this is the compensation given by the Commission.
Q. 2.What is SSC CGL qualification?
Ans. Measurable Investigator- Grade B. Four year certification from any perceived University with at least 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th . Four years of certification in any control with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation.
Q. 3.What is SSC CGL post?
Ans. What is SSC CGL? SSC CGL is a public level test directed by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to waitlist contender for Group-B and – C posts in different services/offices/associations of the Government of India. Consistently, around 30 lakh up-and-comers fill the SSC CGL application structure and about.
Q. 4.Which SSC test is ideal?
Ans. In the event that you are eager to join government offices/services, at that point SSC CGL is the most ideal alternative for the youthful alumni to go into these offices at Grade-‘B’ and ‘C’ posts. SSC conducts CGL test each year all through the nation.
Q. 5.Do 12th imprints make a difference in SSC?
Ans. Actually No, SSC has nothing to do with your rates in tenth, 12th or graduation. The primary concern that issues is the means by which you score in SSC CGL assessments.
Other Full Forms of CGL
- CGL -Commercial General Liability
- CGL -Computer Graphics Laboratory
- CGL -Chronic Granulocytic Leukemia
- CGL -Central Gem Laboratory
- CGL -Code Generation Language
- CGL -Classical Greek and Latin
- CGL -Categorical Grammar Logic
- CGL -Commonwealth Government Loan
- CGL -Care Giver Little
- CGL -Cut Generation Library
- CGL -Continuous Galvanizing Line
- CGL -Chill Gamers Lounge
- CGL -Comprehensive General Liability
- CGL -Christian Gays and Lesbians Association
- CGL -Combined Graduate Level
- CGL -Carrier Grade Linux
- CGL -Carry Generation Logic
- CGL -Certified Gemological Laboratory
- CGL -Change Grow Live
- CGL -Charge Generation Layer
- CGL -China Glass and Lamps
- CGL -Chromatic Generalized Likelihood
- CGL -Chromatography Gradient Length
Thanks for below sites for some of the above content:
- What does CGL stand for?
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern and Recruitment Process
- CGL Full Form, What is the Full form of CGL?